Tuesday, January 21, 2014

My "New" Vanity for under $20.00






I used to have a depression era "waterfall" vanity and I fell out of love with it. Last summer, my mom gave me this desk that used to be her sewing desk for as far back into mu childhood as I can remember...
The mirror was something I found at a local flea market and bought for $5. I painted the mirror months ago and had it for sale in our shop; and there were never any takers. So when I got this desk I brought the mirror home because I knew what I was going to do with it.

Desk:Traded my mom for it
Mirror: $5.00
Paint: $0 (I used leftover Annie Sloan "old white", plus a can of something I had that matched the Annie Sloan in color; and I mixed up the blue from leftover this and that in my stash
New Knobs: $12.00  

We moved the big dark old waterfall vanity out to the workshop and this went right in it's place, and I like it so much better. I'll show it "styled" to my decor later.

:D

No comments: