Monday, October 21, 2013

So Much Vanity...



So this mush be what people did in the 60s and thought of it as super groovy DIY painted furniture... I guess? It's rather... shockingly green, if you ask me. I actually had a neighbor come by and see it and she fell in love with it - just the way it was. Nope. I can't live with that on my conscience.

So, hubby sanded it and it was black underneath and I painted it plain white. And hated it. It was so plain looking. And the surface underneath was so uneven it really showed...
I dithered for a few weeks about it and then stripped the whole thing back down so it was smooth, and I happened upon this pot of "oops" paint sample in a really pale pink and I jumped all over it.
When I first painted it my husband didn't believe it was pink; it's so pale. But trust me; it's a pale, pale pink.

The ice cream chair had to be sand blasted; and then I shot it with flat white Kraylon. The black and white leopard print seat gives it a snazzy modern twist...

For sale now in our shop. :)





No comments: