Friday, February 15, 2013

Embellished Clutch Handbags

I had a small stash of plain ol' clutch handbags sitting around doing nothing so I decided to embellish them after I taught myself how to stitch these roses onto t hings. Old stuff gets a facelift!






I started out with vintage cotton rag strips that I tea dyed. Then I used some kind of sheer material in my scrap box that was harder to work with because it was slippery; but once I figured out the trick of it it was a snap. I even figured out how to make little leaves.
To the cotton roses I added beads from a broken vintage necklace, pearl buttons, and other little findings.

1. Black velvet clutch
2. White beaded clutch
3. Crochet envelope clutch
4. Black jersey clutch

1 comment:

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Gorgeous! I really like the ragged edges of the roses and leaves on the black bag.