Thursday, January 3, 2013

Trinkets From The Past

 I was at my Mom's helping her move some things in the house and found this. That's my great Grandmother's photo on the front. 

 It contained some of her jewelry I had never seen before.... Mom had been hiding it from me! (No, just kidding. ) There is nothing I like better than old Family goodies.

 Like this glass necklace. It is exquisite. And not strung on string.... it is strung on a fine and delicate sterling silver chain, with a very Art Deco clasp. 





Pendants, a tiny china dog, a sweater clip, a tie clip belonging to Mom's uncle Henry,  and a tiny padlock I am planning on using in my sister's wedding bouquet in  February. Her groom will be wearing a tiny skeleton key on his lapel.


 Some of my great grandfather's things; including his WW1 dog tag. The bronze medal is from the Pennsylvania National Guard, and on the back it says "Mexican Border Service".

Of all the old things I have ever seen or handled, it is my own family heirlooms I love the best. And I am so blessed that we have so many in my family! My family keeps E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G.


No comments: