Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Boho Maxi Skirt















I have loved the maxi skirt look for awhile now. It reminds me of my Mom. My mom was a true, genuine "Bohemian" hippy in Florida the late 60s - 70s. I mean the real deal. Handmade leather moccasins, Volkswagen Bus, bell bottom jeans, peasant shirts, beads, long hair, health food.... all the things that qualify people as hippies and living the bohemian lifestyle, she did/was.

I usually wear my skirts knee length or maybe just above; but the maxi skirt look has been nagging me. I have always admired the look on ladies with a long, slim shape; and never thought I could pull it off with my short, stubby legs. I passed one up a few months ago in a gorgeous lavender and purple print, but I kept thinking about it afterwords, and regretting not buying it.

So when I found this one yesterday I snatched it up. I figured either I would love it, or hate it; and for $4.00 there was no huge loss if I did end up despising it.

I wore it to work today, and I find myself really liking it! I wouldn't say  I love it,  but I definitely like it. It is very cool and breezy. I think it's a keeper.

Skirt: Goodwill, $4.00
Tank top: H&M
Sandals: Thrifted
Locket Necklace: Etsy
Straw hat: Vintage; made in Italy. Giveaway building at  my recycling center - that's right!! FREE
Carved wood bangle: Thrifted, $2.99
Metal bangles: Target

(I only include prices on newly purchased items I have never shown before.)

You can buy an identical skirt on Etsy; click here. 


1 comment:

Julie said...

I think your mom would approve.