Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Up-cycled Vintage Hat.





I bought the black fascinator above as part of a box lot of hats at an estate sale this spring; and put off listing it as a "needs TLC" listing; as I don't like to do too much of that.  It's veil was in tatters and pretty much worthless, but the rest of it was okay.

I did finally list it; for about a day; then I took it down.

I cut it apart and glued some of the flowers onto a plastic headband I covered in a black velvet ribbon.

I think it turned out okay.

It's available for sale here.

PS: I have been struggling and struggling with getting larger photos on this blog. Sometimes editing the HTML works, sometimes - like today - they turn out totally distorted. I really wanted to have larger pics of this item to show it in more detail. I am going to be seeking the help of a blog guru here shortly, or I am going to move my entire blog to Wordpress and be done with Blogger. I am extremely grumpy about it.........


No comments: