Saturday, February 18, 2012

Weekend list....

It is such a gorgeous springlike day here in Virginia!

I have an unusual Saturday off..... unfortunately my husband didn't. We can't seem to coordinate time off together these days; with our busy, demanding, and stressful jobs. When he is home, more often than not, I am working. When I am home, he seems to always be working. *sigh*

First thing on my list of things to do today was sleep in. Which I did. Until 9 am. Can't remember the last time I slept so late!

My days off seem to always be filled with all the things I can't get done during the week....

Laundry, dumpster, scour the kitchen sink. (A white porcelain kitchen sink comes with it's tendency to get stained and nasty from kitchen activity and such.)

Wash sheets, clean fridge, stack firewood, visit with the neighbor who drops by to say "hey" and comment on the lovely weather.

Feed chickens, collect eggs, feed the goat, answer Etsy convos, and pack orders to go out on Monday. No, wait -  Tuesday! Monday is President's Day - a Federal Holiday, no mail. 

Throw a stick for Dodge for a few minutes.... he has sooo much energy!

 Make calls about purchasing some hay for the horses; plan dinner, make a grocery list - not that I am going to make it to the store today.

Put away, put away, put away..... so much stuff piles up during the week that just need "putting away"!

BLT wraps and orange frosting on fudge brownies for lunch. (My weekends are for splurging a little when it comes to food.)

The Metropolitan Opera on the classical radio station at 1 PM - Rossini's "Barber Of Seville"!
*Edit: earlier I said it was Mozart - because I had my Barber Of Seville and Marriage of Figaro mixed up. Tee hee*

Catch up on Facebook, email, Pinterest, and blog reading. And writing this. :)

Meeting the hay seller at 3:30 and then hauling the hay back to the horse barn. Then I have to strip out stalls, feed the horses and blanket them for the night.

At some point I have to run to the feed store to get a load of stall shavings, and horse feed - then re-bed the stalls. Nasty weather is in store for tomorrow, and the horses will have to be stalled for the day.

I am now thinking about scratching my dinner plan (mushroom, spinach and Parmesan risotto with steaks) and thinking about picking up Chinese takeout instead; since this day is quickly becoming too full to think about cooking... plus, I can cook all day tomorrow, since the weather will be nasty, and I will be indoors watching the Downton Abbey special on PBS all afternoon. *Claps hands happily at the thought of it*

I will probably finish my day with laundry folding and crashing on the couch with Kevin, Dodge and various cats, watching some pointless television,  and eating some yummy Broccoli and Chicken stir fry and crab rangoon from the Chinese place down the road; even though I know it's full of sodium - I just don't care. Terrible, isn't it?!  :)

What's in store for your weekend?


No comments: