Friday, July 8, 2011

Individual Lasagnas

I looked in my fridge the other evening wondering what to make for dinner. I had a little of this and a little of that but not enough to make a whole dish..... then I remembered something I saw a chef do on TV recently.

I had a partial box of lasagna noodles; a half head of cauliflower, starting to decay a bit; a half container of ricotta cheese, two chicken tenderloins, and ramekin dishes I've only ever used for creme brulee.

So I made this.

 Photobucket

 Photobucket

Photobucket

 Individual Chicken Lasagnas - 4 servings

4 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
 1/2 cup cooked chicken, diced
 1/2 cup cauliflower florets, diced
2 Tbsp. diced onion
1 cup ricotta cheese
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
Cooking spray

Heat oven to 350.

 Saute the onion and cauliflower together in a little olive oil until browned. Add chicken and remove from heat; set aside.

Mix the ricotta and mozzarella cheese with the Italian seasoning; set aside.

 Spray 4 ramekins with the cooking oil and place on a baking sheet.

 Place one end lasagna noodle inside the dish, letting the rest of the noodle drape out. Spoon a spoon full (a couple Tablespoons worth) of the ricotta mixture on top of the noodle and fold the rest of the noodle back over it to cover. Next, spoon in several Tbsp. of the chicken mixture; top with a pinch of the Parmesan. Fold the noodle back over, and spread with more ricotta mixture, and then fold the rest of the way over, topping with a generous pinch of the Parmesan.

 Repeat with all the ramekins. You'll have leftover filling; I did. If you want to continue with it and make more do so.

 Bake for 20 minutes until bubbly and cheese on top is slightly browned. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly. To serve, turn the lasagnas out onto a plate.

( I found it to be a tad dry; so next time I plan on spooning some Alfredo sauce over the lasagnas after turning them out onto a plate, before serving.)

 Delish!

No comments: