Thursday, February 17, 2011

Victory Rolls: Parts Two and Three




 
The top photo is of today's first attempt. I tried to get the rolls higher on top of my head, the way I've seen some people do it. The problem was, I didn't like it .... it just didn't look right from the front. It looked like I had just put pin curls in my hair; not like a finished "hair-do". It was also really hard for me to get the left side even with the right side! I'll have to work on getting height some more.

The last three pics are what I ended up settling with. A little more defined curls - or ROLLS - than my attempt the other day.  I also did my "fringe" in front - which was shorter than the layer that ended up in the roll - in a little pin curl of it's own. I was going for a big "roll" in the middle (More height here would have been good) and two rolls on the sides. I also have to sort out what to do with the back hair - as the curl kind of flopped by the time I got the front done. maybe I need to get a better holding product! I must say, it was a little easier this time...... but I'm still no expert. I'll just keep trying!
  
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

Aren't they impossible? Keep up the good work. :)

Catherine said...

I'd be interested in learning a bit more about victory rolls and why they're called that in your next post. *hint hint* :)

Denise said...

Have you been backcombing your hair at all to get some more lift to it? Dont know if that is historically correct but it would give you more height to the curls...