Thursday, February 3, 2011

Cutie Pies

 


 


I love pie. I especially love mini pies. They're like cupcake's little cousins.

These lil' single serve goodies are some that I made with an old chocolate cream pie recipe; with cornstarch and milk and cocoa and flour and all that - in a double boiler. I make my own pie crust also - it's the only way! I find that, usually, a typical (not deep dish) pie filling recipe makes a dozen mini pies (about 1/3 cup size pies.)

I didn't have cream to make whipped cream, so I put cool whip on them. The real thing would be so much better. Or at least, Redi Whip.

Yummy.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Mom said...

So, um, these are adorable and sound yummy! But, how come you didn't bring me some, sweetie pie? You know your daddy loves his sweets!

Hosanna said...

I haven't got them over to you yet. :)

Susannah Forshey said...

Um, how come you didn't bring some out to me? I'm three hours earlier, here. You could've had 'em out by dinnertime. *pouts* and I would've forgiven you for using fake cream.

Hosanna said...

Sus - I would love to bring some to you, if I possibly could. Do they let you take food on airplanes these days? ;)