Sunday, December 19, 2010

Shop Update - December 2010

My "antique booth" experiment in the Antique shop nearby is underway.... with a few sales. I had a "open house" that I did not advertise properly, so hardly any people showed up. (My fault.) The owner and I have pretty much decided to shut the shop down for January/February and re-open in the early spring - as it is very expensive to heat the old building and much work needs to be done. We will open by appt. only, while we work on thinning out her old inventory, and on some cleaning/redecorating/remodeling projects in the building. Then we'll have a huge event in the Springtime - which I am planning now. I've been thinking that a vintage fashion show would be awesome - if I can get enough people to parade around in their vintage outfits!

During that time I plan on working on my own inventory - I have some painted furniture projects I need to catch up on. I also plan on vamping up my vintage clothing inventory - with a few out of town shopping trips planned over those few months.

I am working on re-doing all the photos in my Etsy shop, with my new camera; and giving it a new vibe.

I recently came upon a stash of new old stock, very cute, adorable, romantic and girly sleepwear and lounge wear pieces; and some other "stuff". Here is a peek at some of the new stuff to hit the shop this coming week:

Photobucket
"Popcorn" beaded envelope clutch - 1950s. Like new!

Photobucket
1976 bicentennial colonial style costume dress. In pea green. Whoa.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: