Monday, May 17, 2010

My Grandma

Photobucket

Photobucket
Grandma and me in 1981

Photobucket

Photobucket
I love this photo of Grandma. I love the ruffle bikini! This was in the early 1960s

Photobucket
Grandma is picking oranges in my Uncle Pat's citrus orchard on the Indian River in Florida in this photo. 1970.

Photobucket
My nephew, Ethan's baby dedication photos. This is 2004 or 2005 - I forget.

I do not know why this year has seemed so full of tragedy and death all around me. I don't understand it, but I am trusting The Plan. In the past few days I confess I have secretly wondered "what next"?

But as for my Grandmother, I rejoice that she enjoyed such a long life, and so full and rich.

2 comments:

Denise said...

Your grandma was sure a looker! You were lucky to have her so long. I lost my grandma in the 80's and still miss her. I wish I would have asked her a lot more questions before she got dementia. Such lost knowledge they had.

Catherine said...

She looks a lot like your mom in the first and fourth picture...