Thursday, May 27, 2010

Hay Ride

I have not felt like blogging recently. I just can't think about it of late. I guess I am still feeling the heaviness of the loss of my Grandma. I'm sure some may wonder, "What's the big deal? Grandmas die every day." Yes, but..... you don't watch your Grandma die in front of you every day. I go to bed at night with that memory in my mind, and every morning it is my first thought. I'll get over it, I know.... but in the mean time I just haven't been feeling creative or clever or much like blogging about my life.

Anyhoo.... this past weekend, my step brother Andre and his wife and two sons came for a visit. We had a big dinner at my house and later, after a thunderstorm and a gully washer (downpour), we broke out one of the tractors and trailers and we took the kids on a hayride.

Our friend Daniel took these shots.... I was trying to decide which ones to post and then I decided they were all too good. Every shot is different... here, I'll show ya:

Photobucket

Everyone is getting situated. Here comes Mom and Dad.....and Naomi and Katie are laughing because I had just told Daniel he was part of the family now because I had spit in his drink at dinner. (i didn't, really; I promise.) Ethan is showing off some bugs or something he found and thinks is pretty nifty.

Photobucket

The wind blew, and all the rain in the leaves above fell on everyone. Noelle is freaking over on the far right in the front row. Noah is looking up like "What the...?" Ethan and Lexie look around like "Who did that?!"

Photobucket

Alana - the child with her mouth wide open on the right in front - is letting loose with a bloodcurdling scream and Noelle is flinching in pain. Mom: "Emilie....sit here and be still!" And Ethan is still showcasing his bug or whatever.

Photobucket

Eli has something on his elbow, and Noah is picking something out of Ethan's hair...

Photobucket

Dad and Kevin making horns. *Tisk, tisk*

Photobucket

Photobucket

Katie is doing her "gangsta" pose and Kevin is gracing Noelle with a full set of finger antlers.

Photobucket

Finally! Everyone looks....okay!

PS - Andre is on the far left with his hand on Lawrence's shoulder. (Look how much he resembles our Dad - in the light blue polo shirt next to Kevin on the far right.) His wife Katina is sitting with baby Charles Xavier on the left front row. WHAT a handsome family!

No comments: