Wednesday, October 21, 2009

My Cup....

 


Recently I find myself lying down in bed at night and saying this little "thank you" to God at the end of the day:

"Thank You for your MERCY......" God has been merciful to us. I survived being kicked in the face by my horse. My husband lived through falling off a 2-storey deck he was building. My niece recently survived being hit by a car. Every day there is no telling what brushes with disaster He spares us from.

"Thank You for your provision....." Money may be tight but we are in no immediate danger of loosing our home, we have food to eat, we have a wonderful place to keep our beloved horses.... and a thousand other little blessings that He has provided for us. In spite of hard times, we are blessed.

"Thank You for your Plan....." I know He has a plan and a purpose. That excites me. God has PLAN! And we're part of it! We are in His Plan. I don't know why but that truly makes me happy, excited, and expectant. He's a Man with a Plan. It helps me to trust, knowing that.

I don't mean to preach, but this was on my heart last night and again this morning. BTW, the photo is mine. One of the views on our farm......
I hope you have a great day and rest assured - there is a plan.
Y'all come back now, hear?
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Amen to His mercy! He protected me from a wreck just this morning!!! By God's grace I did not hit (or get hit) by anyone and luckily remembered to thank Him. (Which I forget to do a lot of times) Good post! :)

lislynn said...

Beautiful :)

Jodi Eliza said...

Oh, Hosanna...this brought tears to my eyes. You couldn't have posted this dear reminder of our Lord's faithful love and provision in a more timely manner for me. I got thrown headfirst into a mini-crisis yesterday, and I've just been struggling to remember (and TRUST) that He does indeed have a plan, and although I can't see all the details, He knows what He's doing, and He's going to bring it all together in His perfect time. Thank you for sharing from your heart...you've blessed me today! :)

Btw, I recieved the LOVELY sachet in the mail...and HECK yes, you'd better make more, cuz I plan on buying up all the darlings as fast as you can make them! ;) Right now I've got mine hanging off of one of the beautiful antique glass doorknobs in my living room...perfect. :) Thank you!!