Thursday, August 20, 2009

pink porches: Salome's Spoons

pink porches: Salome's Spoons

This is so touching. (Click the link above to read the story.) It made me tear up to read it; even though it was made up for the most part.
"Old things" are not just cast off junk.... they have a past; a story; and untold memories. Yes, stuff is stuff.... but stuff can hold such a deeper meaning.
Even though I love auctions, I always find them sad events; the selling off of someone's things; their stories forgotten, often forever. Makes me think twice when I buy an antique thing - even something so simple as a silver spoon........ *sniff*

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I feel the same way! Every simple thing has a story, mostly lost. Old photos are the worst, why wouldn't someone want them?

Thank you for linking my story to your blog. Though it was made up, it does reflect the life of my grandmother and her mother (Salome) and of course myself and I am sure a million other women before us.

Smiles,
Lisa