Thursday, May 28, 2009

Victorianesque Embroideries


Here is a cute little (17 in long) victorian shoe piece I did. You can't see it very well, but it is complete with gold filliment and beads.
I paid to have it mounted, but not framed yet, as it will be a custom job. It goes very well with the next piece.....


This was a pain in the neck to complete! You can't see it in this photo, but it is done in about six shades of scarlett - all about a shade apart. So keeping the floss straight, and figuring out the color graph was a job! I actually mounted this one myself, and framed it.


This is a piece I did all from vintage fabric remnants. I pinned a piece of netting to a piece of unbleached musiln, and free-handed the letters; then I embroidered them. To finish, I appliqued the lace remnant and floral motif onto the piece. The quote is by John Keatts; and it is a sort of motto for me. I did several verions of this, but this is my favorite.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

lislynn said...

I love the SHOES!

Check you out! You pimped your blog all by yourself :)

Hosanna said...

Darn Tootin'!! I LOVE, l-o-v-e the shabby blog templates. Sorry, cutest blog on the block......
But you should check out Shabby Blogs; that is, if you're into "shabby chic" and Rachael Ashwell stuff.............

lislynn said...

I did go check it out! THey rock! YOu need a new header, though. Did you see any you liked?

Hosanna said...

...none that would coordinate with the background well. I thought about just doing an image for the header, but haven't really worked on it yet. Any thoughts?